BASIS products use FlexNet software licensing (formerly FLEXlm) from Flexera Software (formerly Acresso and Macrovision). The process of licensing is different than our previous activation key method. For initial BASIS Product installations using the FlexNet licensing software, contact BASIS for license authorization and/or registration. Then install the license according to the installation instructions for your specific product as published in the BASIS online help. With the appropriate hostid information, you can install and register licenses remotely. In many cases, BASIS can also automatically register updates or upgrades after the initial registration process is complete.
Flex* License Administration Guides (in PDF format)
To determine the version of the BLM (BASIS License Manager) and FlexNet version, follow these instructions:
Method 1 - Open any one of the BLM log files.
NOTE: In version 11.3.0, if you see lmgrd version 11.3.0, the FlexNet version is 10.1.3. If you see 11.6 or 184.108.40.206, the FlexNet version is 11.6.
Method 2 - Enter the following at the command line:
|For Windows:||.\basis -v||For *nix:||./basis -v|
Many FlexNet manuals contain a chapter near the back of the manual that describes some of the major differences between versions and additional methods on how to determine the BLM version.
PowerPoint Tutorials (back to top)
- BASIS Product Installation for UNIX Environments - walks through the steps of configuring the BASIS License Manager to install and license PRO/5 and/or the PRO/5 Data Server.
- BASIS License Manager: Microsoft Windows Installation - walks through the steps of configuring the BASIS License Manager, using a license registration wizard, to install and license Visual PRO/5, PRO/5, the BASIS ODBC Driver and/or the PRO/5 Data Server.
- TCP/IP and BASIS License Manager - gives an overview of how the BASIS License Manager uses TCP/IP and hostname resolution, including discussion of TCP/IP protocol layers, different methods of hostname resolution and TCP/IP utilities. A good tutorial for troubleshooting.
Advantage Articles (back to top)
- New Concepts In BASIS Licensing
- How to Install a BASIS Product Remotely
- TCP/IP Hostname Resolution and the BLM
Configuration Models (back to top)