KB#00886-Moving Visual PRO/5 from one PC to a different PC
Moving Visual PRO/5 from one PC to a different PC
Here are two possible situations and the necessary steps :
1. BASIS License Manager and/or single user node lock license Visual PRO/5:
a. If you are moving the BASIS License Manager to another machine or moving a single user Visual PRO/5. Uninstall the License Manager and/or Visual PRO/5.
b. Email BASIS Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to have the license counter reset so you can
re-register the Visual PRO/5 license for the new machine.
c. Install the BASIS License Manager and / or Visual PRO/5 to the new machine.
d. Register for a new BASIS License via web browser, telephone (01.505.338.4171), email (email@example.com), or fax (01.505.338.4178).
e. Once you have received the new license file from the license server using one of the above methods, run the 'Install a BASIS License' program.
2. BASIS License Manager on server machine and (multi-user) Visual PRO/5 on a different PC, with or without a PRO/5 Data Server:
a. Install Visual PRO/5 to the new PC
b. Run the 'Install a BASIS License' program. The first window that appears has 3 different options for you to choose from:
* Install a single-user BASIS Visual PRO/5 license on this machine
* Configure this application to use the BASIS License Manager
* Configure this application to use a BASIS PRO/5 Data Server License
c. Your choice will be either the second or third option. If you also have a PRO/5 Data Server, then choose the third option. If you do NOT have a PRO/5 Data Server but the BASIS License Manager is on another machine (multi-user VP5) then choose the second option.
d. Enter the hostname of the machine that the BLM or the P5 Data Server resides.
Last Modified: 11/28/2000 Product: Visual PRO/5 Operating System: Windows
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.