KB#00589-TCB(10)=-10061 or RUSEROK Failure in Data Server Log
TCB(10)=-10061 or RUSEROK Failure in Data Server Log
The requested connection has been refused when attempting to open a file via the Data Server. Possible causes include:
1) Attempting to open a file via the Data Server and specifying the wrong port. For example:
will result in this error if the Data Server is not running on port 8888.
2) The Data Server isn't up and running.
3) The requested connection has been refused because the workstation doesn't have adequate permissions to talk to the Data Server. Getting an error 70, 71, or 72 when attempting to open a file via the Data Server on a Unix machine, is typically an RUSEROK failure.
4) ANYTHING at all wrong with the PREFIX can also cause this error, especially creating a new file.
1) Make sure the port you are trying to OPEN a file on is the same as the port the Data Server is running on.
2) Ensure that the Data Server is running
3) Check the .rhosts file or hosts.equiv for the local pc name.
4) To test, set a simple PREFIX from with PRO/5 and then attempt to create the file. If it works something is invalid in the PREFIX that needs to be fixed.
Last Modified: 12/12/2000 Product: PRO/5 Data Server Operating System: N/A OS Error:10061
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.