BASIS is now using Google Groups for all online discussion forums and requires all participants to have a Google Group Account. Please complete the instructions below.
To send a message to the group, use the syntax email@example.com. Replies are automatically posted to the group and viewable via the Web interface.
When replying to an e-mail, the reply-to address changes from the original e-mail address. All firstname.lastname@example.org e-mails will automatically redirect to the group.
1. Create a Google Group account, if you do not already have one. Go to groups.google.com and select [Sign In] in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Click [Create an Account] and enter your e-mail address (the address to which you may already receive BASIS mail such as your corporate e-mail; there is no need to set up an @gmail.com email account) .
3. Click the link that corresponds to the list in which you wish to participate:
Members of Existing BASIS Lists
1. Create a Google Group account if you do not already have one. Go to groups.google.com and select [Sign In] in the upper right-hand corner. Click [Create an Account] and enter the e-mail address you want to receive BASIS list notifications.
Establishing a Google Group account automatically enables you to receive posts to the groups to which you are subscribed. You can also set your options to receive the post as an e-mail or to view it on the Web. The [Subject line tagging] is now enabled.
Discussion Forums Background
BASIS maintains a number of online discussion forums for our customers. Our customers hold a wealth of knowledge and are happy to share it with you. Many of them have been developing in BBx for years; some have been with us from the beginning in 1985. If you are new to BASIS, we urge you to join one or several of these forums and take advantage of the expertise our customers have to offer.
These forums are intended as vehicles for open communication and knowledge sharing among our Customers. As such, most of them are not formally monitored by BASIS personnel. The descriptions that follow this section indicate whether BASIS monitors a particular forum. Developers should not consider the BASIS monitored forums to be means of requesting BASIS Technical Support.
If you need a question answered directly by BASIS Technical Support, contact BASIS Technical Support.
We expect all participation in these forums to be civil. We will not tolerate foul language or threats to other people, and you could be permanently barred from participating if you violate this. Because of the business use of these forums we ask that you please stick to the topic and refrain from sending jokes and other off-topic messages.
Available Google Groups
- bbx-list: Discussion of BASIS products past, present and future. This list is not monitored by BASIS.
- bbj-developer: Discussion of BBj development. Subscription approval required. This list is monitored by BASIS engineers.
- barista-list: Discussion of Barista development. Subscription approval required. This list is monitored by BASIS engineers.
- IDE-User-Group: Discussion of development specific to the BDT Eclipse IDE or the BASIS NetBeans IDE. This list is monitored by BASIS engineers.
- addonsoftware: Discussion of the AddonSoftware ERP solution. This list is monitored by BASIS engineers.